Re: Buffer statistics for pg_stat_statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Buffer statistics for pg_stat_statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 10:17 PM, Takahiro Itagaki
<itagaki.takahiro@oss.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have reviewed this patch and I think it looks pretty good.  A couple
>> of minor nits:
>>
>> - There are needless whitespace changes in the definition of struct
>> Counters.  The changes to the existing four members should be
>> reverted, and the new members should be made to match the existing
>> members.
>
> That's because the 'shared_blks_written' field is too long to keep the
> existing indentations. Since we still have some rooms in 80 columns,
> I'd like to change all of them as the previous patch.

I don't necessarily know what the right thing to do with the new ones
is, but I am pretty sure that pg_indent will revert any changes you
make to the existing ones.  Assuming that's so, it doesn't make sense
to change them.

...Robert