Re: EXPLAIN BUFFERS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: EXPLAIN BUFFERS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Takahiro Itagaki
<itagaki.takahiro@oss.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Anyway, a revised patch according to the comments is attached.
> The new text format is:
>  Buffers: shared hit=675 read=968, temp read=1443 written=1443
>    * Zero values are omitted. (Non-text formats could have zero values.)
>    * Rename "Blocks:" to "Buffers:".
>    * Remove parentheses and add a comma between shared, local and temp.

I did a bit of copy-editing of your doc changes to make the English a
bit more correct and idiomatic.  Slightly revised patch attached for
your consideration.  The output format looks really nice (thanks for
bearing with me), and the functionality is great.

...Robert

Attachment