Re: remove flatfiles.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: remove flatfiles.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Greg Stark<gsstark@mit.edu> wrote:
> We could deal with the admin scripts by making VACUUM FULL do the new
> behaviour. But I actually don't really like that. I wold prefer to
> break VACUUM FULL since anyone doing it routinely is probably
> mistaken.

So I have a script that goes and finds bloated tables and runs VACUUM
FULL on them in the middle of the night if the bloat passes a certain
threshold.  The tables are small enough and the number of users is low
enough that this doesn't cause any problems for me.  I'm OK if the
name of the command changes, but I'd like there to be a command that I
can pass a table name to and get my table debloated without having to
make any follow-on decisions (such as picking an index to cluster by).

...Robert