Re: auto_explain log_verbose causes regression failure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: auto_explain log_verbose causes regression failure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Robert Haas<robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 9:39 PM, Andrew Dunstan<andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>> Robert Haas wrote:
>>>
>>> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 7:57 PM, Andrew
>>> Dunstan<andrew.dunstan@pgexperts.com> wrot>

>>> I can't figure out how to make this config work.  I dumped these
>>> settings into a file called "t" and then did, from src/test/regress,
>>> TEMP_CONFIG=t make check.
>>>

>> I did make install, initdb, put settings in postgresql.conf, then make
>> installcheck
>
> It looks like this is enough to reproduce the cache lookup failure:
>
> begin;
> create table abc (a int);
> insert into abc values (5);
> insert into abc values (10);
> insert into abc values (15);
> declare foo cursor for select * from abc;
> fetch from foo;
> abort;

...and it also looks like the same 3 tests fail in REL8_4_STABLE,
which is the oldest branch that contains auto_explain.  So I suspect
this has been broken all along.  I still don't know how to fix it, but
at least now I don't feel guilty for breaking it...

...Robert