Re: machine-readable explain output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: machine-readable explain output
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Hmm... on further review, I'm thinking this is still a bit wastful,
>> because we don't really need (I think) to call
>> TupleDescGetAttInMetadata from begin_tup_output_tupdesc.  But I'm not
>> sure what the best way is to avoid that.  Any thoughts?
>
> Er, just don't do it?  We shouldn't need it if the function is doing
> heap_form_tuple directly.

Oh, I guess that works.  I had thought there might be people calling
begin_tup_output_tupdesc() who wanted to go on to call
BuildTupleFromCStrings(), but it seems that's not the case.  In fact,
it looks like I can probably rip that member out of TupOutputState
altogether.

Will update patch.  Does this look like what you were thinking otherwise?

Thanks,

...Robert