Re: proposal: add columns created and altered topg_proc and pg_class - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: proposal: add columns created and altered topg_proc and pg_class
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Kevin Grittner
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
>> the timestamp column caused the copy to be about 11.3% larger
>
> Grabbed the wrong numbers.  It's really 2.5%, but still....

Well, that's why Tom doesn't want to add it to pg_class.  But putting
it in a separate table will have no impact on the speed of anything
except DDL statements, and even then it won't require copying the
whole table, so the performance impact will be pretty minimal, so I
think it should be all right.

...Robert