Re: How to get SE-PostgreSQL acceptable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: How to get SE-PostgreSQL acceptable
Date
Re: How to get SE-PostgreSQL acceptable  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
>> IANAC, but that's my impression too.  The simplified patch shouldn't
>> assume that row-level security in its current form is going to end up
>> getting put back in.  AFAICS, there's no reason why the security ID
>> for tables can't be a regular attribute in pg_class, or why the
>> security attribute for columns can't be a regular attribute in
>> pg_attribute.
>
> If it is "identifier", it can be compoundable.
>
> I dislike it is held as "text". It fundamentaly breaks SE-PostgreSQL's
> architecture, and requires to scrap near future.

I think the column in pg_attribute and pg_class can and should be an
OID.  The issue is whether it's a regular OID column or a new system
column.  Stephen and I are saying it should be a regular column.
pg_security can stick around to map OIDs to text labels.

...Robert