Re: Proposal of SE-PostgreSQL patches (for CommitFest:Sep) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Proposal of SE-PostgreSQL patches (for CommitFest:Sep)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Are you saying the performance penalty when full functionalities are
> enabled?
> (The meaning of "bells and whistles" is unclear for me.)

Yes, that's what I meant.   (Sorry.)

> We can show it on the page.22 of my presentation in PGcon2008.
>  http://www.pgcon.org/2008/schedule/attachments/38_pgcon2008-sepostgresql.pdf
>
> It shows about 10% of penalty in maximum in pgbench, and larger database
> tend to have relatively less performance penalty.

That doesn't really sound too bad if you are operating in an
environment where security is paramount.  Of course, if your vendor
enables SELinux and SEPostgresql by default (even though you don't
really care) then it might not be so good.

...Robert