Re: is there any way of specifying "i want x GB of space to be avaialble for my database" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: is there any way of specifying "i want x GB of space to be avaialble for my database"
Date
List pgsql-general
surabhi.ahuja@iiitb.ac.in ("surabhi.ahuja") writes:
> is there any way by which i can specify : to reserve x GB amount of
> space to this database (this x includes all the space which the
> database will require space for data files, indexes or any other
> resources).

I believe that is part of the intent of the TABLESPACE functionality
that was recently added to PostgreSQL.

<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/manage-ag-tablespaces.html>
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;