Re: Bug? 'psql -l' in pg_ctl? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug? 'psql -l' in pg_ctl?
Date
List pgsql-general
GH <grasshacker@over-yonder.net> writes:
> Ah hah, I think I founnd the source of this and the file descriptor
> problem (for those of you who are familiar with it):

This is a known bug in 7.0 psql --- it leaks backend connections when
looping on a Password: prompt.  I thought we'd back-patched the fix
into 7.0.3, but a check of the CVS logs shows we didn't :-(.

pg_ctl is being pretty naive here in assuming that a parameterless
psql invocation will be able to connect, but the real misbehavior is
inside psql.

            regards, tom lane