Re: multiple results from a function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From James Harper
Subject Re: multiple results from a function
Date
List pgsql-general

> James Harper wrote on 03.03.2014 21:10:
> > I'm working on an application to accept TDS (Microsoft SQL Server)
> > connections and proxy them to postgres. MSSQL does things a little
> > differently, for instance in addition to a functions it has stored
> > procedures that can contain multiple select statement that return
> > results to clients.
>
> Did you have a look at tPostgres?
>
> http://tpostgres.org/se/
>
> It might make developing your proxy easier.

I looked at that. I'm not sure their approach is going to achieve the desired level of compatibility when trying to
emulatethe mssql types using the native postgres types. I'm working from tds (Sybase/mssql network protocol) up, while
theyappear to be working from their t-sql implementation downwards, and I suspect that adding tds onto what they have
mightnot be as easy as the "Leverage the FreeTDS implementation..." statement on their roadmap implies.

That said, I haven't looked at their project in great detail. I could be complete wrong in what I've said above.

James