Re: [NOVICE] Column level security question - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [NOVICE] Column level security question
Date
List pgsql-novice
Garry Chen <gc92@cornell.edu> writes:
>                 PostgreSQL has row level security by using policy but is there a column level security policy or
functionfor it?  If not, is the development of column level security under the development/wish list for PostgreSQL new
features?

If you're looking for column-level granularity of GRANT/REVOKE privileges,
we have that, eg you can grant the right to SELECT only some columns from
a table.

If that's not what you have in mind, you need to be clearer.

            regards, tom lane