Re: POC: converting Lists into arrays - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: POC: converting Lists into arrays
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 10:44 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> OK, I'm outvoted, will do it that way.

> I cast my vote in the other direction i.e. for sticking with qsort.

Didn't see this until after pushing a commit that uses "list_sort".

While composing that commit message another argument occurred to me,
which is that renaming makes it absolutely sure that any external
callers will notice they have an API change to deal with, no matter
how forgiving their compiler is.  Also, if somebody really really
doesn't want to cope with the change, they can now make their own
version of list_qsort (stealing it out of 1cff1b95a) and the core
code won't pose a conflict.

So I'm good with "list_sort" at this point.