Re: BUG #18194: Missing install instructions - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From John Pace
Subject Re: BUG #18194: Missing install instructions
Date
List pgsql-bugs
OK, I missed this sentence
 > However, this file is not stored in git and so will not be present if
you are using a git checkout.

Since the content of the file README is wrong when using GitHub (it
refers to a file INSTALL which is not available in GitHub) you should
consider removing this file from GitHub, as you already did with the
file INSTALL. Especially because this wrong file README is shown for
everyone when viewing your repository:
https://github.com/postgres/postgres

Actually I was unhappy because your list of requirements did not
mentioned these required packages:
libicu, perl-FindBin, perl-File-Compare
Even your configure script was not aware of them. I only "saw" the
required packages based on the compiler errors.

I understand that you can't provide a list of exact package names for
each distribution, but please add the missing packages as stated above.
Thanks.