Viewupdate: Inherit default expressions from columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bernd Helmle
List pgsql-hackers
For automatic view update rules we are planning to implement column default
value inheritance, so that the view's column definition inherits from their
base table columns (and nobody has to use an explicit ALTER TABLE view
ALTER col SET DEFAULT ... ). Note that we will do that only for views,
which are updateable (means that we can create rules for that view). I
wonder if there are any side effects, like security issues or other stuff
that will be broken by that (nothing comes currently to my mind, besides
the fact that ALTERing the base tables default expression later won't be
triggered to the view.....).

What does folks think about that, any comments?

--
 Bernd