Re: SELECT LIMIT 1 VIEW Performance Issue - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From K C Lau
Subject Re: SELECT LIMIT 1 VIEW Performance Issue
Date
Re: SELECT LIMIT 1 VIEW Performance Issue  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-performance
We use similar views as base views throughout our OLTP system to get the
latest time-based record(s). So it is quite impossible to use summary
tables etc. Are there other ways to do it?

The subquery would pinpoint the record(s) with the composite primary key.
Both MS Sql and Oracle do not have such performance problem. So this
problem is effectively stopping us from migrating to PostgreSQL.

Best regards,
KC.