Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From B. van Ouwerkerk
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
List pgsql-general
> > secrtifications, and, the "Teach Yourself MySQL in 21 Days" book, and
> > that series of books has set exercises, etc, to aid the learning,
>
>I thought MySQL was supposed to be easy to install, admin and use, how come it
>takes 21 days to learn it and needs formalised training courses?

Perhaps you didn't understand it correctly?

Perhaps because not everyone is intelligent enough to learn MySQL in less
then 21 days?

I don't know that particular book myself but the book MySQL written by Paul
DuBois took me much less then 21 days :-) I have yet to find a simular book
about PostgreSQL..

IMO there's no valid reason for MySQL bashing. I'm not going to defend
either one because that kind of discussion leads to nowhere.

B.