Re: PostgreSQL from a newcomers perspective - Mailing list pgsql-general

From B. van Ouwerkerk
Subject Re: PostgreSQL from a newcomers perspective
Date
List pgsql-general
> >          Is the server running locally and accepting
> >          connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/5432"?
> > in /path_to/filename.php on line 61
>
>That socket path is wrong.  It should be /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.  How is PHP
>getting it?

No idea. The socket path seems to be correct.. at least.. it looks to me
like PHP is looking at the right place.. As soon as I start PG with the -i
option PHP connects just fine.. just like when I modify postgresql.conf..

When I run with the -i option I'm getting something listening at port 5432
but it doesn't appear when running without -i.. tested it with netstat..

I was testing with an app of which I know it supports PG.. Will see if how
it flies if I throw some code together myself. This will be interesting..

B.