Re: Information Schema and constraint names not - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Philip Warner
Subject Re: Information Schema and constraint names not
Date
Re: Information Schema and constraint names not  (Philip Warner <pjw@rhyme.com.au>)
List pgsql-hackers
At 03:37 AM 7/11/2003, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>It would
>already help a lot if we just added the table name, or something that was
>until a short time before the action believed to be the table name, or
>even only the table OID, before (or after) the $1.

Can we allow/bypass the pg_* restriction, and call it pg_<table-oid>_<n>,
and for pedants like me, add a DB setting that says 'enforce unique
constraints' ala the spec to avoid manually created constraints being
non-unique?

Alternatively, I would be happy *not* to enforce constraint name uniqueness
(and break the spec) so long as we also break the spec and add table OID
(or something else) to the information schema (table name would be OK so
long as renaming the table won't break anything).

Fax: (+61) 03 5330 3172          |                 ___________ |
Http://www.rhyme.com.au          |                /           \|                                 |    --________--
PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/