Re: Implement missing join selectivity estimation for range types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alena Rybakina
Subject Re: Implement missing join selectivity estimation for range types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!

Thank you for your work on the subject, I think it's a really useful
feature and it allows optimizer to estimate more correctly clauses with
such type of operator.

I rewieved your patch and noticed that some comments are repeated into
multirangejoinsel functions, I suggest combining them.

The proposed changes are in the attached patch.

If this topic is about calculating selectivity, have you thought about
adding cardinality calculation test for queries with this type of operator?

For example, you could form queries similar to those that you use in
src/test/regress/sql/multirangetypes.sql and
src/test/regress/sql/rangetypes.sql.

I added a few in the attached patch.

--
Regards,