Re: feature suggestion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rafael Azevedo
Subject Re: feature suggestion
Date
Re: feature suggestion  ("Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

Imagine that you have about 30 fields.
Ok, then your first SQL is done.
Now, you just have to add 10 more fields.
Its very easy to get lost. If we have this implementation, you could just add

Field31 = 'text',
Field32 = 'text'
wherever you want.

This is just a PLUS. I just don't see any problem by doing this.
Even knowing that this is not Standard SQL-Syntax, I just see this as a benefit feature.

Another reason is that we have more people migrating from MySQL to Postgre than any other database server. People don't migrate to Postgre from Oracle. Hardly from MS SQL Server.

It just makes easier to migrate users from other db servers.
And this is sure not hard to implement.

Today its easier to migrate to PostgreSQL from MySQL than from PostgreSQL to MySQL.

In few words I have given you more reason to add this feature than not to add it.

Think about it.