Re: allow granting CLUSTER, REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW, and REINDEX - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: allow granting CLUSTER, REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW, and REINDEX
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2022-12-14 at 15:32 -0500, Isaac Morland wrote:

> Is there a firm decision on the issue of changing the cluster index
> of a table? Re-clustering a table on the same index is clearly
> something that should be granted by MAINTAIN as I imagine it, but
> changing the cluster index, strictly speaking, changes the schema and
> could be considered outside of the scope of what should be allowed.
> On the other hand, I can see simplicity in having CLUSTER check the
> same permissions whether or not the cluster index is being updated.

In both the case of CLUSTER and REFRESH, I don't have a strong enough
opinion to break them out into separate privileges. There's some
argument that can be made; but at the same time it's hard for me to
imagine someone really making use of the privileges separately.

--
Jeff Davis
PostgreSQL Contributor Team - AWS