send current username with gssapi - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Färber, Franz-Josef (StMUK)
Subject send current username with gssapi
Date
List pgsql-odbc

Hello,

I am using psqlODBC from Windows machines to connect to a GSSAPI-enabled PostgreSQL-Server on a linux machine.

Passwordless Login works when I specify the current windows user’s samaccountname, and no password.

However, the use case is I am connecting postgres tables into 3rd party software, which will store the current user’s samaccountname with the connection string. When the next user opens the database, he has to type in his (different) username… and so on every time another user opens the file.

Does psqlODBC have a feature like Npgsql’s „Integrated Security=true“ to automagically send the current user’s samaccountname as username?

Regards,

Franz-Josef Färber