Re: Add LZ4 compression in pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: Add LZ4 compression in pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/1/23 08:24, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2023 at 05:58:34PM -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
>> I found that e9960732a broke writing of empty gzip-compressed data,
>> specifically LOs.  pg_dump succeeds, but then the restore fails:
>
> The number of issues you have been reporting here begins to worries
> me..  How many of them have you found?  Is it right to assume that all
> of them have basically 03d02f5 as oldest origin point?

AFAICS a lot of the issues are more a discussion about wording in a
couple places, whether it's nicer to do A or B, name the functions
differently or what.

I'm aware of three genuine issues that I intend to fix shortly:

1) incorrect "if" condition in a TAP test

2) failure when compressing empty LO (which we had no test for)

3) change in handling "compression level = 0" (which I believe should be
made to behave like before)

regards

--
Tomas Vondra