Re: Add LZ4 compression in pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: Add LZ4 compression in pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I was preparing to get the 3 cleanup patches pushed, so I
updated/reworded the commit messages a bit (attached, please check).

But I noticed the commit message for 0001 said:

  In passing save the appropriate errno in LZ4File_open_write in
  case that the caller is not using the API's get_error_func.

I think that's far too low-level for a commit message, it'd be much more
appropriate for a comment at the function.

However, do we even need this behavior? I was looking for code calling
this function without using get_error_func(), but no luck. And if there
is such caller, shouldn't we fix it to use get_error_func()?

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company