Re: Happiness is a cross database link... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Darren Houston
Subject Re: Happiness is a cross database link...
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Alex,

DBLink is located in the PostgreSQL source under $POSTGRES_SOURCE/contrib/dblink

Just do a make and make install (assuming you installed PostgreSQL
from source). The docs are also located in the same directory. You
have to execute dblink.sql against your database to implement the
functions. I suggest using views named the same as the tables in the
external database for transparent queries. Take note that there is a
performance hit.

Hope this helps,

Darren H.