Re: Error when trying to use pg_dump on 8.3 after minor release update - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua Berry
Subject Re: Error when trying to use pg_dump on 8.3 after minor release update
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> This looks like catalog corruption :-(.  Can you find a pg_class row
> with that OID, ie
>        select * from pg_class where oid = 27224
> I expect probably not, but then try it with enable_indexscan and
> enable_bitmapscan turned off.  If that finds a row, then what you
> have is a corrupt pg_class_oid_index and you can probably get out
> of trouble by reindexing it.  You should also look at what 27289
> is so you know what view is causing the problem.
>
>                        regards, tom lane

Thanks, that lead me to a recently added view by the customers. I
could not get the view definition:

dms=# select * from pg_class where oid = 27289;
[lots of columns]
 v_reporte_pdv_du_epin |         2200 |   27294 |    16384 |     0 |
   27289 |             0 |        0 |         0 |             0 |
       0 | f           | f           | v       |       27 |         0
|           0 |        0 |        0 |       0 | f          | f
 | t           | f              |            0 |        |
(1 row)

dms=# \d v_reporte_pdv_du_epin
ERROR:  could not open relation with OID 27224

However, once the view was dropped, I was able to perform a database
dump. Any ideas how this can happen, and how to avoid? Should I assume
that there are more problems and recreate the database from a fresh
dump? Or will the system suffice in it's current state?

Regards,
-Joshua Berry