Re: [NOVICE] where and how to store calculated data? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Ed Behn
Subject Re: [NOVICE] where and how to store calculated data?
Date
List pgsql-novice
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking but I have two thoughts.

   * If you want a value to update automatically, the cleanest way to do
it it probably to to use a trigger that runs on UPDATE
(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/sql-createtrigger.html).
   * If you are writing your client in python, psql is very much to
wrong way to interface with the database. You should be using psycopg2
(http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/).
                  -Ed