Index Selection Tool For PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From mahendra chavan
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I am a master's student in CSE department at IIT Bombay. As an academic course project, I have developed a tool for index selection in PostgreSQL. The tool takes a workload file as in input and outputs a set of create index statements. The workload file consists queries along with their frequency of execution in the workload.

I wish to contribute my code to PostgreSQL. I am not sure if such a tool already exists for PostgreSQL.The details of the tool are in the attached specification.

Presently, I have injected my code in postgres.c in the tcop in an ad-hoc way.  I am yet to put the code at the right places.

Please could you have a look at the design specification and let me know your suggestions?

Thanks,
Mahendra Chavan
CSE, MTech,
IIT Bombay