Replication in postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vidyasagara Guntaka
Subject Replication in postgresql
Date
Re: Replication in postgresql  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm new to this list.  I'm Sagar.  Our company is seriously considering using Postgresql for our storage virtualization
solution. To be able to use the database, replication is must for us. At least master-single slave.  Synchronous
replicationis preferred.  I understand that there are some solutions like postgres-r, dbmirror, erserver etc.,  in 7.4
todolist replication related items are listed as urgent.  Can you guys point me to the current state of things on
replicationfor post 7.4 releases?  Also, If I want to contribute to replication related development - how do I do that
?

One more question regarding the erserver 1.2.  I understand that it is released under BSD style license.  If our
companywants to include erserver along with the s/w it releases, do we have to pay royalties ?

Thank you very much in advance for your time.

Regards,
Sagar.