Re: New Copy Formats - avro/orc/parquet - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: New Copy Formats - avro/orc/parquet
Date
List pgsql-general

On February 11, 2018 2:48:13 PM PST, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> (Any such patch should manage
>to turn COPY-CSV into an extension, at least so far as copy.c is
>concerned, even if we don't package it as one.)

Yea, I was thinking we should move all three (default, csv, binary) supported formats to using such a facility. I guess
we'djust install the respective format handlers by default in the respective catalogs, rather than doing so in an
extension.The handler function should easily be able to return pointers to functions in the main binary, not just
additionalshlibs.

Andres