Re: [WIP] UNNEST(REFCURSOR): allowing SELECT to consume data from aREFCURSOR - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dent John
Subject Re: [WIP] UNNEST(REFCURSOR): allowing SELECT to consume data from aREFCURSOR
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 19 Jan 2020, at 22:30, Dent John <denty@QQdd.eu> wrote:
>
> I have not yet made steps towards documentation, nor yet rebased, so the Makefile chunk will probably still fail.

Attached patch addresses these points, so should now apply cleanly agains dev.

I also changed the OID assigned to ROWS_IN and its support function.

In passing, I noticed there is one existing function that can consume and make good use of ROWS_IN’s result when used
inthe target list, which is row_to_json. This is good, as it makes ROWS_IN useful even outside of a change to allow
resultsin the FROM to be pipelined. I’ve called out row_to_json specifically in the documentation change.

denty.

Attachment