Re: Questions about writing functions... - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Shay Moreno
Subject Re: Questions about writing functions...
Date
List pgsql-novice
> > If I write a function that deletes a record from a table, how do I
access
> > the output from the delete operation to see if it completed
successfully?

> In 7.1 you could look at the ROW_COUNT statistic field to see how many
> rows were deleted.  I don't think pre-7.1 plpgsql has a way to do that.

    Are there any plans to suport SQLERROR and the SQLCA area, or
similar concepts as described in
http://technet.oracle.com/doc/oracle8i_816/appdev.816/a76942/pc_09err.htm#30
49 or
http://technet.oracle.com/doc/oracle8i_816/appdev.816/a76975/oci02bas.htm#42
5597?

    I tried checking the docs for 7.1 in the Users' Lounge but my access
to them is *very* slow.

--
  _
 / \       Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra        +55 (11) 3040 8913