Re: BUG #15724: Can't create foreign table as partition - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: BUG #15724: Can't create foreign table as partition
Date
List pgsql-bugs
(2019/03/29 23:21), Stepan Yankevych wrote:
> I think we need at least to mention it in the doc
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/ddl-partitioning.html
>
>> > Partitions can also be foreign tables, although they have some
> limitations that normal tables do not; see CREATE FOREIGN TABLE
> <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/sql-createforeigntable.html>for more
> information
> For example
> Partitions can also be foreign tables*only in case main table is non
> indexed and doesn't contain PK,*although they have some limitations that
> normal tables do not; see CREATE FOREIGN TABLE
> <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/sql-createforeigntable.html>for more
> information

+1 for adding such notes, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to put it
there because I think that would make the introductory documentation a
bit verbose.  How about adding it to the reference pages of CREATE
FOREIGN TABLE and ALTER TABLE like the attached?

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Attachment