Re: A few new options for vacuumdb - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bossart, Nathan
Subject Re: A few new options for vacuumdb
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Here's a new patch set that should address the feedback in this
thread.  The changes in this version include:

 - 0001 is a small fix to the 'vacuumdb --disable-page-skipping'
   documentation.  My suggestion is to keep it short and simple like
   --full, --freeze, --skip-locked, --verbose, and --analyze.  The
   DISABLE_PAGE_SKIPPING option is well-described in the VACUUM
   documentation, and IMO it is reasonably obvious that such vacuumdb
   options correspond to the VACUUM options.
 - v3-0002 is essentially v2-0001 and v2-0004 combined.  I've also
   added a comment explaining the importance of fully qualifying the
   catalog query used to discover tables to process.
 - 0003 includes additional documentation changes explaining the main
   uses of --min-xid-age and --min-mxid-age and linking to the
   existing wraparound documentation.

As discussed, I've left out the patch for --min-relation-size for now.

Nathan

Attachment