Re: archive status ".ready" files may be created too early - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bossart, Nathan
Subject Re: archive status ".ready" files may be created too early
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/2/21, 8:55 AM, "Andrey Borodin" <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> Recently we had somewhat related incident. Do I understand correctly that this incident is related to the bug
discussedin this thread?

I'm not sure that we can rule it out, but the log pattern I've
typically seen for this is "invalid contrecord length."  The issue is
that we're marking segments as ready for archive when the segment is
fully written versus when its WAL records are fully written (since its
WAL records may cross into the next segment).  The fact that you're
seeing zeroes at the end of your archived segments leads me to think
it is unlikely that you are experiencing this bug.

Nathan