Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chapman Flack
Subject Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards
Date
Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards  (Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net>)
Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/25/19 00:45, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> pá 25. 1. 2019 v 5:46 odesílatel Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net>
> napsal:
>> I am:
>> - re-attaching xmltable-xpath-result-processing-bugfix-5.patch unchanged
>>   (just so CF app does not lose track)
>> - re-attaching xmltable-xmlexists-passing-mechanisms-1.patch unchanged
>> - attaching for the first time xml-functions-type-docfix-1.patch
>>
>> The doc patch is made to go on top of the passing-mechanisms patch

Realized xmltable-xmlexists-passing-mechanisms-1.patch didn't add
a regression test.  Here attaching (or re-attaching):

- xmltable-xpath-result-processing-bugfix-5.patch - unchanged
- xmltable-xmlexists-passing-mechanisms-2.patch - now with test
- xml-functions-type-docfix-1.patch - unchanged

I'll venture a review opinion that all of this applies, builds, and passes
check-world on top of 18c0da8, and that, of the issues I had identified at
the start of this thread, these changes resolve the ones they set out to
resolve.

But the second two patches are my own work, so another reviewer is needed.
The passing-mechanisms patch is tiny while the docfix patch is not, so
there's an opening for a reviewer with an interest in documentation. :)

There is still nothing in this patch set to address [1], though that
also seems worth doing, perhaps in another patch, and probably not
difficult, perhaps needing only a regex.

And of course we're still saddled with all the unfixable limits
of XPath 1.0; this patch set is fixing a few peripheral fixable things
around that.

-Chap

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/5BD1C44B.6040300%40anastigmatix.net

Attachment