Re: [HACKERS] advanced partition matching algorithm for partition-wisejoin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: [HACKERS] advanced partition matching algorithm for partition-wisejoin
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(2019/01/21 21:09), Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> (2019/01/21 20:56), amul sul wrote:
>> 0003 patch need a rebase.
>
> Will do.

While doing the rebase, I noticed that 0002 would not be necessary
anymore; what was originally proposed by it on how to generate the
tlists for child-joins in [1] is entirely included in commit
7cfdc77023ad50731723e85c215a4127436ed09c, which I pushed.  I didn't pay
attention to this thread, but that was pretty much the same as what I
did in that commit (except the handling of PHVs to avoid extra work in
that commit), so I think I should have mentioned about that in the
commit message.  Sorry for that, Ashutosh.

Here is an updated version of the patchset.  As above, I don't think
0002 is necessary; it added copy_pathtarget to build_child_join_rel, but
I think it would be redundant because we do create_empty_pathtarget at
the top of that function and then build_child_join_reltarget.  Also, it
added an assertion to build_joinrel_tlist, but I don't think it's really
necessary IMO.  So I removed it entirely from the patchset.  No changes
other that.

Will continue to review.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita