Re: Allowing extensions to find out the OIDs of their member objects - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chapman Flack
Subject Re: Allowing extensions to find out the OIDs of their member objects
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/21/19 18:52, Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm probably going to push forward with the OID mapping idea instead.

As it happens, I'd been recently thinking[1] about a way that certain
SQL/XML functionality could be provided by a pluggable selection of
different extensions.

And I think a use case like that could be rather elegantly served by
the OID mapping idea, more so than by a fixed-OID-range-per-extension
approach.

So +1.

-Chap

[1]