Re: Postgresql Database and PG_WAL locations - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Matthew Tice
Subject Re: Postgresql Database and PG_WAL locations
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Aug 29, 2024, at 12:18 PM, Henry Ashu <henry.ashu@dat.com> wrote:

I have a database that's about 2TB in size, and I want to place the database files in a separate mount point(PGDATA) and the log files in a different mount point(PG_WAL). What's your take on this?.

Essentially, yes, you will want your WAL and data stored on different devices (or the very least, different partitions).

Thank you

Henry Ashu

Database Administrator
o: 503.672.5114 | f: 800.551.8821 | DAT.com

DAT Solutions    Like us on Facebook  Follow us on Twitter  Connect with us on LinkedIn  Visit our YouTube Channel  Visit us on Instagram