DB start error message - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From
Subject DB start error message
Date
Re: DB start error message  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-novice
Why am I getting the FATAL error message below when initializing the
database. I did everything correctly as per the installation
instructions
I am running on REDHAT 9.0 Pentium 2 196 MB
Help
Solaroot
Success. You can now start the database server using:

    /usr/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
or
    /usr/bin/pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -l
logfile start

bash-2.05b$ postmaster -d /usr/local/pgsql/data
FATAL:  invalid value for option
'server_min_messages': 'debug/usr/local/pgsql/data'
bash-2.05b$ /usr/bin/postmaster -d
/usr/local/pgsql/data
FATAL:  invalid value for option
'server_min_messages': 'debug/usr/local/pgsql/data'
bash-2.05b$

=====

"I will do today what most people won't, so I can have tomorrow what
most people can't." - Zig Zigler

"I'm weird, therefore I'm special..."