Re: Use C99 designated initializers for some structs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chapman Flack
Subject Re: Use C99 designated initializers for some structs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 08/29/18 18:51, Tom Lane wrote:

> As against that, of course, explicitly zeroing fields that you know very
> well are already zero eats some cycles.  I've occasionally wondered if

I haven't checked what a smart C99 compiler actually emits for a
designated initializer giving a field a compile-time known constant zero.
Is it sure to eat any more cycles than the same initializer with the field
unmentioned?

-Chap