Re: Problem while updating a foreign table pointing to a partitionedtable on foreign server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: Problem while updating a foreign table pointing to a partitionedtable on foreign server
Date
In response to Re: Problem while updating a foreign table pointing to apartitioned table on foreign server  (Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers
(2018/06/12 12:19), Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> I have demonstrated and actually shown a problem of the
> PARAM_EXEC case.

> A. Just detecting and reporting/erroring the problematic case.
>
> B. Giving to Sort-like nodes an ability to convert PARAMS into
>     junk columns.
>
> C. Adding a space for 64bit tuple identifier in a tuple header.
>
> D. Somehow inhibiting tuple-storing node like Sort between. (This
>    should break something working.)
>

> B seems to have possibility to fix this but I haven't have a
> concrete design of it.

I'm just wondering whether we could modify the planner (or executor) so
that Params can propagate up to the ModifyTable node through all joins
like Vars/PHVs.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita