Re: object tracking - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Atkins
Subject Re: object tracking
Date
List pgsql-general
On May 19, 2010, at 11:41 AM, Little, Douglas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a fairly large data warehouse in Greenplum, and am having trouble tracking object changes.
> I need to
> 1.        Know when an object was changed, by who.
> 2.       Have some logging about when an object was dropped – especially drop cascade.
>

> Currently I’m having a problem with a set of disappearing views.   We’re still in pre-prod environment, but
>
> Any suggestions?

Take it up with your vendor. That's what you're paying them for, and they're the only ones who are
likely to understand how their product works.

If you were using postgresql I'd suggest looking at the log_statement and log_line_prefix
options, to see if tracking DDL that way were adequate for what you need.

Cheers,
  Steve