Re: SQL99 - Nested Tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Darren Alcorn
Subject Re: SQL99 - Nested Tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The way I understand Nested Tables and Object Relational Databases,
they basically are a layer on top of any old RDBMS that adds ease for
the user. I personally believe in normalization theory I just don't
like implementing it to avoid JOIN syntax.

How difficult would it be to implement (for those more familiar with
the code) to write such a "layer." It could always be a patch until I
can persuade more people that it's a good idea.

Darren