Re: Drupal and PostgreSQL - performance issues? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John DeSoi
Subject Re: Drupal and PostgreSQL - performance issues?
Date
Re: Drupal and PostgreSQL - performance issues?  (Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Oct 13, 2008, at 5:08 AM, admin wrote:

> However, PostgreSQL support in the PHP CMS world seems lacking.
> Joomla is basically a MySQL-only shop. Drupal is *maybe* suitable,
> but who really knows where it will end up?

My hope is that Drupal is moving in the right direction. With version
6 they completely abstracted the schema building API. Previously,
MySQL and PostgreSQL had to be specified separately which is the main
reason a lot of modules did not work with PostgreSQL. Things should
improve as modules are upgraded to Drupal 6.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.