Re: postgres_fdw : altering foreign table not invalidating prepare statement execution plan. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: postgres_fdw : altering foreign table not invalidating prepare statement execution plan.
Date
Re: [HACKERS] postgres_fdw : altering foreign table not invalidatingprepare statement execution plan.  (Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2016/11/30 17:53, Amit Langote wrote:
> On 2016/11/30 17:25, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
>> Done.  I modified the patch so that any inval in pg_foreign_server also
>> blows the whole plan cache.

> I noticed the following addition:
>
> +     CacheRegisterSyscacheCallback(FOREIGNDATAWRAPPEROID,
> PlanCacheSysCallback, (Datum) 0);
>
> Is that intentional?  I thought you meant only to add for pg_foreign_server.

Yes, that's intentional; we would need that as well, because cached
plans might reference FDW-level options, not only server/table-level
options.  I couldn't come up with regression tests for FDW-level options
in postgres_fdw, though.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita