Re: Seems to be impossible to set a NULL search_path - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Seems to be impossible to set a NULL search_path
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/5/22 11:24 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

>      >

>     set search_path = '';
>
>     show search_path ;
>        search_path
>     -------------
>        ""
>
>     \d
>     Did not find any relations.
>

> But still in this case, there is pg_catalog in search path.

Yes but from OP:

"I've confirmed that even a superuser cannot create objects in a
"special" schema like "pg_catalog" or "pg_toast". So this gives me a
workaround to the limitation that I cannot force the use of fully
qualified names by setting a null search_path: I could set the attribute
of my subprogram to "pg_catalog"."

So Bryn Llewellyn does not seem to be concerned about that.

> Regards
>
> Pavel
>

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver