Re: Specified date type but created column is timestamp without time zone - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Specified date type but created column is timestamp without time zone
Date
List pgsql-novice
Mike Elston <mike.elston@gmail.com> writes:
> I created a table containing a column of type "date" but the
> describe command reports that the created column is "timestamp without time
> zone". Why isn't it simply "date"?

> psql (EnterpriseDB) 13.4.8

If you're using EDB, their server is hacked in a lot of ways to act
more like Oracle, and I think this discrepancy is one of them.
Oracle's idea of "date" corresponds more or less to our "timestamp",
so they translate.

            regards, tom lane