Re: Old/New - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bob Pawley
Subject Re: Old/New
Date
List pgsql-general
I have a table labeled p_id.processes. One row is inserted into it by
another source containing fluid_id 3501 and other fields.

 The update statement -
update p_id.processes
   set pump1 = 'True'
   where p_id.processes.fluid_id = '3501' ;
updates the field pump1 to 'True'.

The After Update trigger has an insert statement that inserts the
p_id.processes row into the table p_id.devices. For pump1 I want only one
row inserted into p_id.devices containing fluid_id = '3501 and 'Pump #1'.

Insert statement -
 Begin

 If new.pump1 = 'True'

 then

 Insert into p_id.devices (p_id_id, process_id, fluid_id, status,
process_graphics_id, device_description)
 values (new.p_id_id, new.process_id, new.fluid_id, 'Pump #1', '11',
'Pump');

 End if;

Instead I get two identical rows inserted containing  the fluid_id = '3501'
and 'Pump #1'.

Bob